Is it normal to have a hole in frenulum?

I waned to ask if its normal to have a hole in frenulum ? If not what can be done to heal it
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 32 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I hope you are talking about frenulum of the prepuce of penis. (There is another frenulum..... frenulum of tongue)

A hole like area appears on both sides of it when prepuce is retracted. This is normal. Only thing that has to be done is keep the area clean... by cleaning the area during a shower. Or else smegma accumulates causing problems like infection.

If you are talking about a cut frenulum then you wait for few days. This will be painful. This will heal slowly. If there are features of infection then antibiotics may be required.

Hope I answered your question.