Is it normal to have a black spot on clitoris?

i am 19 years old and i have this black spot on my clitoris which is really disturbing . it looks somewhat like blood clot that u see on your fingers when squashed between doors? eh ! is it normal? or something i should probably look into?
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Not a worrisome finding. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Presence of black spurs on the clitoris is a harmless finding. These are skin tags or abnormal skin pigmentation spots which are benign in nature and remain like that for many years. If you are too much concerned about its presence then you can get it removed either surgically or with the help of laser treatment but that is not necessary. You only need to self monitor it for any change in shape, size, color, irregular margins, ulceration, pain, etc. If any of these changes do appear it means it needs to be investigated and then removed under the guidance of your dermatologist. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL