Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it normal to have a bent penis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
my penis has slight bend towards left. is it normal to have a bent penis?
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: It is due to what is called Peyronies Disease. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have bending of your penis on left side on erection. This is due to scarring of the Tunica Albuginia an covering that envelopes erectile tissue. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Did you sustained any injury to your penis while masturbating ? 2) Does any body in your family have the same problem? 3) Have you noticed any hard palpable swelling (Plaque) in the shaft of the penis on left side ? Normally this gets resolved without any treatment over a period of 2 years Treatment is required only when the bending is severe and one faces a problem to penetrate vagina during intercourse. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and treatment (if required.) Taking Vitamin E helps to resolve the issue. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Is it normal to have a bent penis? 5 hours later
thank you very much Doctor. 1)I never had any injury to my penis. 2)I don't know Whether anybody in my family has same problem. 3)No such Plaque is there. You said it gets resolved without any treatment. How? I don't think there would be problem during penetration , still if I want to cure it then what treatment should I take? How effective is Medical treatment and how much time required for it? Is it too expensive?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You do not need any active treatment. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for feedback. Since there is no plaque the scarring of the Tunica Albuginia that is there will get resolved without any treatment over a period of 2 years. Please take Vitamin E as suggested earlier. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.