Is it normal to get edema in feet when suffering from Diabetes?
User rating for this question
I have diabetes 2 and haven't had edema for a long time but now I am starting to get it in my feet.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need investigations Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Diabetes history of 13 years and edema of feet is concerning. Main thing we need to rule out in you is kidney function compromise. Edema of feet in diabetics occurs mainly due to improper kidney functioning. However, there are variety of other conditions that need to be excluded. As of now, apart from thorough physical examination, you need investigations like microalbuminuria, serum creatinine levels and blood urea nitrogen levels as early as possible to know about kidney function. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
People also viewed
- Why take pravastatin at night
- Have diabetes discoloration in feet edema hardness in calf
- Pedal edema in diabetes
- Is indigestion a side effect of janumet?
- Best medicine for toddler cough
- Wrong thyroid dosage side effects
- Gentamycin sulfate antibiotic fish medicine
- Diabetes pitting edema
- Is agitation a side effect of glimepiride?
- Is itching skin a side effect of invokana?
- Is bladder pain a side effect of onglyza?
- Diabetic macular edema causes
- Is dark urine a side effect of glipizide?
- Low folate levels in women
- Exhaustion edema thirsty diabetes