Is it normal to experience light bleeding during a miscarriage?

hi my name is XXXX I wanted to know is it ok to bleed light when having a miscarriage or can it be im not having one,my hcg levels are very low on the 10 of this month it was 157,then on the 12 it was 334 and now on the 18 it was only 427 my ob said im going to miscarriage im bleeding now but only when I use the bathroom no pain at all what dose this mean
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: possible miscarriage, further tests recommended. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX Thanks for writing. As your HCG levels are increasing but not as much as in a healthy viable pregnancy your obgyn specialist may be right that you may be having a miscarriage but this can be confirmed only after further tests. Ideally in a healthy pregnancy the HCG values double in every 48 hours You have not mentioned the duration of pregnancy and any ultrasound report. If an ultrasound was done please attach the reports. If by 6 weeks of pregnancy if an intrauterine gestation sac is not seen then the pregnancy is not viable and miscarriage occurs. The bleeding is minimal initially. If the miscarriage completes then you may have more bleeding and passage of clots and pain. Please consult your obgyn for further serial ultrasound scan to confirm whether you are actually having a miscarriage or not. Hope this was helpful. Please write back if you have further queries. Dr Bhagyashree.