Is it normal to discharge some amount of fluid before having sex?

Is it okay to discharge some amount of fluid before having sex or when arouse? I usually discharge fluid when i think about my past romantic life or if i am about to have sex.
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 54 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
The thought of romance brings about some changes in the body and the most important, probably, is the vaginal secretions in women and similar fluid from the urethra and other XXXXXXX sex glands in men.
It prepares the body for the sexual act by aiding in lubrication to avoid dry sex and promote pleasure of the act.
It is absolutely normal and in fact very beneficial.
If the lubrication reduces, there may be necessity to use external lubricants to aid in the sexual act. I have mentioned this to help you understand the benefits of having the secretions.
Hope this helps. Pls do not hesitate to revert back for doubts if any.
Wishing you good health,