Is it normal to develop another mole in a previously existing mole?

hi is it normal to have one mole growing on top of another mole. I just noticed that one mole on my back has a smaller and a bit darker (still brown) and round mole on top of the other . it doesnt hurt or itches could it be a freckle?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello Yes it is possible to develop another mole in a previously existing mole. Please try to note the following. 1. Pain in the mole 2. Bleeding 3. Sudden increase in size of mole. If any of above is happening, be careful as these indicate cancer. I would like to see a photograph of the mole. This will help me in giving you a better guidance. There is an option to upload photograph on right side of query page. Please utilize that. Thank you
Follow-up: Is it normal to develop another mole in a previously existing mole? 10 hours later
it hasnt hurt or bleed or anything just saw there were kind of two moles in one. I think i have uploaded pictures of the mole for you to see.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer: nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello I saw the photograph. Its just a simple mole. you don't need to worry. Just leave it as it is. It will not harm you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you