Is it normal to bleed during intercourse after a hysterectomy?

I had a hystorectomy proceedure 60 days ago. my first time of intercouse was yesterday, Is it normal to bleed during?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 minutes later

Its not normal to bleed after the procedure especially after 2 months of the procedure.

You should consult your doctor again. Sometimes, due to dryness of the vagina, friction can cause bleeding. But if not it needs to be found out whether a total hysterectomy was done or not.

If a subtotal hysterectomy was done and the cervix was left behind, it needs to be examined. I suggest that you see your doctor again.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.