Is it normal for my uterus to shrink. Having pelvic pain. Ultrasound done. Worrisome

May 2013
Is it normal for my uterus to shrink almost 2 cm in two months but my endometrial thickness to go from 0.8mm to 4 mm? I got an ultrasound because I have been having pelvic pain since July 11, when I got my period (which only lasted 5 days).
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later

endometrial thickness usually varies from less than 1mm to 8mm during menstrual cycle,
just after menstruation it will be around 1mm, then it will grow by the end of follicular phase means first half of pregnancy it will become 3 to 4mm then just before periods it will be around 7 to 8mm,

shrinkage of uterus could be because of,
-technical error,
-change in position,
-after miscarriage or pregnancy,
-regression of fibroids etc.

otherwise the size of the uterus will not show much fluctuations just because of regular cycles.
if you give detailed scan report and your treatment history I can explain well.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.