Is it normal for fetal heart rate to drop during contraction?

Infertility Specialist
im 36+4/40 pregnant and was at hospital yesterday with dehydration, my baby's heartrate was between 160-200 when I went in and after a drip was between 140-180 but I also had a contraction that I was told was just XXXXXXX XXXXXXX but the babys heartrate dropped below 90 while it was happening, if its dropping thriugh XXXXXXX XXXXXXX what will happen in actual labour
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Fetal heart rate Detailed Answer: Hi, It is common for heart rate to drop during contraction. But dropping down to 90 during XXXXXXX XXXXXXX is bit unusual. This phenomenon will be repeat when you are in labour pains. This happens especially when there is umbilical cord around neck which can be detected by ultrasound. If you are fine now dont worry. Keep counting fetal movements. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol