Is it normal for a bipolor depression anxiety person to suffer mood swings?

Dec 2015

I am 56 I have adhd pts bipolor depression anxiety I am allawys in my room in bed no energy for about a month I am having a great day today it is far and in-between My children are concerned I was thinking of suicide two days ago and now aI feel great .Is it normal for a person with Bipolar to do this
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Bi-Polar disorder, is controlable. Cureable. Detailed Answer: Dear Welcome to XXXXXXX We understand your concerns. I went through your problem description. I suggest you not to worry too much. Bipolar Disorder got its name because it shows the symptoms of two opposite pole of mental disorders. Hyperactivity and Depression. People with Bipolar disorder show both the extreme symptoms one by one. One day the patient suddenly become hyperactive. Thinks clearly, over react, live fast paced, sometimes even don't sleep, even then without showing any tiredness. This hyperactivity could last for weeks also. Second phase is depressive. During which the patient could become totally inactive. If the symptoms you gave are right, then you have a classic case of Bi polar Disorder. Thinking about suicide is a bi-symptom of depression. The medications you are having are all meant for the associated symptoms or Bipolar disorder. They should keep the symptoms under control. Without medication the symptoms could go out of hand. I suggest you take psychotherapy, yoga and meditation as supplementary therapy. Psychotherapy streamlines your lifestyle. Yoga and meditation streamlines your metabolism and thinking pattern and relaxes whole body and mind. All these three combined, it becomes a very good mental supplement for the control of Bipolar disorder. Also I suggest you should yourself involve into some activities which are refreshing such as playing with children, playing outdoor games, gossiping etc. Hope you understand. Available for further clarifications. Get well soon.