Is it normal for a baby to sleep 12 to 13 hours in a day ?

Oncologist
Question
hi i have baby 3 month she i sleeping aroud 12 to 13 hours a day is it normal for her age?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Growth and Development in Children
Follow-up: Is it normal for a baby to sleep 12 to 13 hours in a day ? 15 minutes later
hi
i have baby gril 3 month old. she is sleeping around 12 to 13 hours per day. is it normal for her age?

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Please review the link here:

WWW.WWWW.WW
Data suggests that your baby is right at the upper edge of normal for sleep time per day, I would not be too concerned about it for now. You must consider the total sleep time including naps could add up to 14 hours. If you reported 15-16 hours I would be more concerned.

As long as your child is otherwise healthy please do not be alarmed.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy top address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga

Follow-up: Is it normal for a baby to sleep 12 to 13 hours in a day ? 1 hour later
Does this mean 12 hours include sleep at night and naps. Means the total of total sleep 12 hours a day. Is this correct

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello again.
Thanks for the follow up.

You must add the time for sleeping and naps which brings the range for a 4 month old including nap time from 11 to 15 hours totally. Your baby is well within this range so again no need to worry.

Thanks again for the query. I am here for you if you have any additional followups.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga