Is it normal for a baby to pass stools after each feed?

Feb 2013

is it ok for a baby who is fed with dexolac special care to pass stools after each feed
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is normal in babies due to a reflex phenomenon. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Infants usually pass stool after each feed because of presence of gastrocolic reflex. It is a normal reflex which helps to pass stool in infants and make room for more feeds. So nothing to worry about passing stool after each feed, but you should take strict hygienic and sterile precautions while preparing, handling, and during the time of feeding with formula milk feeds. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.