Is it normal for a 14 days old baby to vomit milk once or twice daily?
User rating for this question
My 14 day old baby boy vomits milk once or twice in a day, is it i need to be worried or check out?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing to be worried about. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The vomiting out of milk once or twice in a day in a neonate is commonly due to inadequate burping. If the child is feeding properly and is gaining weight then there is no need to worry. The mother needs to rest the child's head on her shoulder and soothe the back of the baby until the baby burps properly after every feed. This will help in preventing the vomiting. In case the vomiting is persistent and the baby is not feeding properly or is not gaining weight then a direct evaluation by a pediatrician is recommended. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
People also viewed
- Baby vomits every day
- How long does it take for niacin to clean thc out your system
- 14 month old vomiting
- 14 months baby vomit after milk
- Goodnight mosquito repellent drunk by kid
- My kid drank floor cleaner
- Can we use dettol for penis shaft cleaning
- Dried foreskin circumcised toothpaste
- Mucolite drops for infants is oral?
- Is cleaning outside of vagina with lemon juice ok
- Baby slimy vomit milk
- Zincovit drops for infants
- Enterogermina oral suspension drug for
- By mistake has put mucolite drops in nose
- 45 days old baby vomiting