Is it normal for a 14 days old baby to vomit milk once or twice daily?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My 14 day old baby boy vomits milk once or twice in a day, is it i need to be worried or check out?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing to be worried about. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The vomiting out of milk once or twice in a day in a neonate is commonly due to inadequate burping. If the child is feeding properly and is gaining weight then there is no need to worry. The mother needs to rest the child's head on her shoulder and soothe the back of the baby until the baby burps properly after every feed. This will help in preventing the vomiting. In case the vomiting is persistent and the baby is not feeding properly or is not gaining weight then a direct evaluation by a pediatrician is recommended. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL