Is it necessary to use both progynova and utrogestan at the same time?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi Dr, my name is XXXXXXX my questions is: is it necessary to use both progynova and utrogestan at the same time? I am asking this because the utrogestan is very uncomfortable to use and it doesn't seem to get inserted XXXXXXX into the vagina as it always leak in to my paities nd when passing urine,inserting my finger gives me an unbearable pain.
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 minutes later
Progynova contains synthetic estrogen and utrogestan contains progesterone.
If you mention:
-For what purpose your doctor recommended these
-And since how many months you are using them
I can guide you better.
So please provide these details.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Is it necessary to use both progynova and utrogestan at the same time? 17 hours later
I started both medication about a week before my ivf,which i continued using after the transfere,which was not successful on the 15th of november 2012, and on the 4th of december we went back again for emryo transfer,which he prescribed again for me to use.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later

Utrogestan can be taken orally also. If you are having severe discomfort with vaginal route, you can go for oral route.
You may have mild nausea, bloating sensation etc with oral use. But usually they will subside soon.
Better to ask your doctor once before shifting to oral route.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.