Is it necessary to undergo angioplasty with a negative Tread Mill test?

Pediatrician
Question
Sir Recently on26/11/2013 I felt chest pain and admitted in heart hospital .Hospital treated me and and made angiography on 29/11/2013 and advised me for angioplasty for on blocked artery.They told me that one artery is blocked by80%. Then I consulted G B Pant Delhi Where The doctor seen my angiography CD taken echo and TMT test. TMT was negative .They denied stent placement and advised medicines What should I do
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Heart Attack

Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Angioplasty is not the answer,Cause of pain? Detailed Answer: Hi Dear, Welcome to the XXXXXXX If the TMT is negative, it means your heart is getting required amount of blood supply even during stress conditions. (where the demand is more). And echocardiography tells about the functional state and anatomical condition of your heart. If both the tests (TMT & ECHO) are normal then it means your heart is functionally and anatomically normal. Chest pain was could be because of some other reason, (simple muscular pain, hyperacidity or cold exposure) etc. Decisions of Angioplasty to be reviewed in such situation of normal TMT and ECHO. Provided the Troponin T test was also normal at that time. I also think that medicines are more appropriate for your situation. If you can tell me the name of the medicines I will be better able to advice. Also if you can upload the report of the angiography. Hope the query is answered. Please feel free for further clarification. Thanks

Follow-up: Is it necessary to undergo angioplasty with a negative Tread Mill test? 49 minutes later
echo angiography report and medicines prescribed are attached h/w

Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Consider Medicines with repeated follow ups Detailed Answer: Hi, From Echo report it is evident that there is little weakness in your heart muscle. I would like to advice you start taking medicines on regular basis (as advised by your cardiologist). Repeated follow ups are to be maintained with your cardiologist. He may ask for all base line investigations like ECG, blood sugar, lipid profile, kidney function test, etc., regularly. Echo also to be repeated at least six monthly to review the status of heart function. Chest pain or breathless while doing any physical activity may warrant for repeat angiography. Hope the query is answered. Regards

Follow-up: Is it necessary to undergo angioplasty with a negative Tread Mill test? 47 minutes later
T

Brief Answer: Thanks Detailed Answer: Welcome