Is it necessary to take tablets for high LDL levels or i can reduce these high figures with exercise?
User rating for this question
I am a male and my age is 36. I got the attached result and the doctor prescribed the attached medicine Is it that necessay that i take these tablets or i can reduce these high figures with exercise?
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes,take the prescribed tablets. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthcare magic I have gone through your blood reports. Your LDL cholesterol,Triglycerides and Total Cholesterol are above the normal ranges.Hence doctor has prescribed you this medication-Lipomax (Atorvaststin). It is usually prescribed at the level of LDL higher than 190 but it may be prescribed at lower levels if other risk factors are present. You need to take it. Atorvaststin belongs to statin group of drugs. It helps in lowering the cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It also decreases the future incidence of stroke and heart attack. Also always take this medication before bedtime as this can cause pain in the calf (leg) muscles. Along with the tablets,you should do regular exercises for 30 minutes daily. After one month,you again check your lipid profile.If the values are within normal limits,you can stop the tablet after consulting your doctor and continue doing regular exercises.Also avoid eating oily foods Hope you are happy with the answer. If any further query,feel free to post. Thank you.
People also viewed
- How to prevent sweat rash
- Is hoarseness or other voice changes a side effect of benicar hct?
- Can diet control and exercise control ldl levels
- Is sleepiness or unusual drowsiness a side effect of escitalopram?
- Is breast enlargement and tenderness a side effect of finasteride?
- Reducing ldl cholesterol levels
- Is it bad to take essentiale forte with high ldl
- What are the side effects of amoxicillin and clavulanate chewable?
- High ldl levels and mitochondrial disorders
- How is rsv spread
- How to reduce sensory overload
- Is dark urine a side effect of codeine phosphate-promethazine hcl?
- How does salmonella survive
- If there is high prolactin and high ldl
- Hpa viral rash in pregnancy