Is it necessary to seek medical help for bumped forehead with a knot?

I bumped my forehead and a knot developed. I never lost consciousness or saw stars. Should I seek help? It does not hurt.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Guru 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Though you did not develop any symptoms, it is better to be under doctor's observation for at least 48 hours. Do not mean to scare you , but I don't want you to take any risk. In elderly, moderate and sometimes minor trauma can lead to Subdural hemtoma. So, it is better to be under observation for 2 days. If you develop any kind of drowsiness or vomiting, rush to ER immediately. Hope I have answered your query. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!