Is it necessary to repeat tetanus injection along with anti rabies vaccine after bitten by dog?

After bitten by a dog. I was given anti rabbies vaccine but forgot to have a tetnus injection. I've last taken tetnus injection 9 months back. My question is, "do I need another tetnus vaccination."
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: No, Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for the question. No, you don't need to get a tetanus shot if you had taken the injection just 9 months ago. A tetanus booster is required every 3 - 10 years depending on your immunity. So don't worry, but do complete the course of anti-rabies vaccines. Wishing you good health. Warm regards,
Follow-up: Is it necessary to repeat tetanus injection along with anti rabies vaccine after bitten by dog? 25 minutes later
Thanks for the answer! Now I can be relaxed and tention free..
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome. Detailed Answer: Thank you for choosing our services, I am happy to help you. Kind regards.