Is it necessary to have a septoplasty done again for my blocked nose?

ENT Specialist
I underwent a septoplasty operation in the year 2000 due to a highly deviated septum. Now, I often notice that one of my nostrils is always blocked, even if I don't have a cold. Is it necessary to have a septoplasty done again?
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: not necessary Detailed Answer: hi Mr XXXX. Please give me the following details so that i can assess your problem better. 1) For which complaints the septoplasty was done ? 2) Since when have you started noticing that one of your nostrils is always blocked ? 3) Due to the block are you unable to breath through the nose ? are you mouth breathing ? 4) Any other complaints like running nose, sneezing ,itching in the nose ? Awaiting your response, Dr Rajkishori Godhi.