Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it necessary to discontinue enbrel when taking amoxicillin for a UTI?

Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Patients treated with ENBREL are at increased risk of developing serious infections and it may lead to hospitalization but most patients who developed these infections were taking some concomitant immunosuppressive agents or corticosteroids.

Although it is not necessary for you to stop it but it is better to avoid taking the medicine till you are suffering from UTI which can create problem and not Amoxycillin.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck