Is it necessary that if earlier pregnancy was caesarean next will also be same?

Mar 2016

hi please confirm is it necessary that if your earlier pregnacy was scciarion so second also will be scciarion .my first deleviery was scciarion in july2011,now this month end my 2nd deleviry is due
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 46 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comment:

1) Most of the patients undergo 2nd time Caesarean Delivery (elective) followed by first one. It is an absolute indication of C-section and world wide accepted. Following first C-section, normal delivery has quite some risk like uterine scar rupture & XXXXXXX hemorrhage which may endanger patient's life. Therefore, to avoid certain risks, 2nd time C-section (elective) is always preferred who have undergone first Caesarean Delivery.

3) Eligible criteria for Vaginal Birth After Caesarean (VBAC) are low birth weight baby (2-2.25 kg), adequate pelvis or obstetric outlet, previous low transverse incision on uterus, no medical illness etc. VBAC should be carried out after consultation with experienced obstetrician if above criteria fulfills.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you have any other query, you can freely ask me.

Wish her good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen