Is it mandatory to give food after 40 mins of taking ondem syrup for continuous vommiting?

My 2 year old child was vomiting many times continuously, so I have given her ondem syrup. After taking syrup she is sleeping. Is it mandatory that we have to give her some food after 40 mins ?
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Not mandatory Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I understand that your child has vomiting and that it settled after ondem syrup. It is not mandatory to feed the child after the syrup, I suggest you to let her sleep and when she wakes up please give her syrup junior lanzol 2 tsp and start with liquid diet and only after she tolerated that you could start giving her semi solid food. Keep her well hydrated with water, ideally oral rehydration solution ( easily available at all pharmacies) should be used for rehydration. If the child persists to vomit and if she is not tolerating even liquid diet then please approach a pediatrician I wish her good health and a speedy recovery Regards