Is it harmful to take combination of deanxit and nortriplytine?

Dear Doctor, I have been on deanxit since 1995, it works well but may be it wear out after the long time now I begin to feel uncomfortable again, my psychiatrist prescribe me with 10 mg of nortriplytine and 0.5 mg of risperidone, but I cannot tolerate risperidone, can I just take deanxit in the morning 1 tablet and 1 10mg of nortriplytine in the afternoon.pls. advise if this combination is harmful
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You should take an ECG. Detailed Answer: Hello there, thanks for asking. You should take an ECG to know if you have long QT and hopefully not. The combination of some medications could be XXXXXXX and cause arrhythmia. Otherwise, the combination which you mentioned should work well. Many people may not be able to tolerate risperidone. Deanxit can work as an antidepressant as well. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Is it harmful to take combination of deanxit and nortriplytine? 26 hours later
Is deanxit harmful can nortriplytine replace it
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 45 hours later
Brief Answer: Deanxit is not harmful. Detailed Answer: Hi again, Deanxit is not harmful. However, you may be fine only with nortriptyline.