Is it harmful to go sky diving if I have wax buildup in my ear?

I am 56 years old, 5:10, 195 lbs. I have had tubes put into my ears previously but none now are in. I get a build of wax in one ear which requires daily use of prescription drops. I also see an ENT doctor for removal of wax annually. I am scheduled to sky dive tomorrow. Is this potentially harmful to my ears? Should I cancel my skydiving?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 33 minutes later

Given your ear condition and history, I would advise you to avoid skydiving. Skydiving can often cause barotitis media which is an injury to the middle ear (area behind your eardrum). This occurs when the eustachian tube becomes blocked. It is more pronounced in people having ear infections and medical conditions and is very common when one is falling fast while skydiving.

Common symptoms are ear pain and fullness. You may feel dizzy or hear ringing in your ears. You may have trouble hearing, or not be able to hear at all. So best is to avoid skydiving when you have a history or ear wax and ear medical conditions.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.