Is it dangerous to remove infusion pump?

Is it dangerous to remove an infusion pump That the in a pocket in abdominal with the tube run to lower spine Ithas been in place since 1997
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: A little help from you before I can help you Detailed Answer: Hello sir/ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. If you do not mind me asking, what was the indication for placement of the infusion pump? And is the medication/fluid being delivered still required for the condition that you have? More information on the indication and whether or not the infusion device is still serving its purpose would help in predicting its use and whether or not it would be safe to remove it. I hope to hear from you soon with your kind response in order to further clarify your doubt. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Is it dangerous to remove infusion pump? 51 minutes later
No medication in it for a few years now It was utilized for pain It was for pain medication it is no longer needed it hAs been empty for years
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Then you can remove it, no problem at all Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir/ma'am. If that is the case, then it should have been taken out years ago. There are no side effects whatsoever of taking it out now sir/ma'am. I hope this information helps you. Please feel free to write back to me if you ahve any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Wishing you a healthy life hereafter. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Is it dangerous to remove infusion pump? 1 hour later
Do i need to be concerned anout tissues grown aroung tubing or XXXXXXX in spine area
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 16 hours later
Brief Answer: No, this should not be a cause for concern Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir/ma'am. No you need not worry about the extra tissue growth around the tube or catheter in the spinal region. It is important that a medical professional performs the removal, as they would ensure to remove any obstruction tissue overgrowth if at all required. So please, out your mind at rest, all will be fine. Take care sir/ma'am.