Is it common to have cough when on steroids?

Hello Doctor, I am giving my 2.5 yrs child Flohale for last 3 months. Still she is having too much coughing at night and gets frequent boughts of cold every 2-3 weeks. Is that common to have cough when steroids are being given?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. According to symptoms treatment is stepped up or stepped down. Once on medication there should be no symptoms. I suggest you to get your child examined by pediatrician as treatment needs to be modified. If such a patient will come to my clinic I will start inhaled corticosteroids low dose in combination with long acting beta 2 agonist. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless..