Ask a Urologist   »  

Is it common to get UTI repeatedly after a partial hysterectomy?

Infertility Specialist
Hello is it common for a woman to get constant UTI's after a partial hysterectomy? My wife only gets UTI's after intercourse and Cunnilingus is this also common?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
culture and sensitivity

Detailed Answer:
Hi, its not necessary to get UTI repeatedly after hysterectomy or intercourse. But cunnilngius causes it iften as there are organisms in mouth which cause them. Though women are prone to developing UTI. If she is getting repeated uti, please get culture and sensitivity of urine sample. Get appropriate antibiotics prescribed according to report. The recurrent UTI will come down. Also remember you both need to wash genitalia before intercourse and keep hygiene with undergarments. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol