Is it better to take progressive lens or regular distance lens?

Question
I PRESENTLY USE PROGRESSIVE LENSES AND LIKE THEM. WILL IT BE DIFFICULT OR ADVISABLE TO USE ONLY A READING LENSE OR ONLY A DISTANCE LENSE FOR THOSE TIMES THAT I'M ENGAGED IN THOSE ACTIVITIES. EAXAMPLE, I HAVE WIDE BOLLE SUN GLASSES THAT USE AN INSERT, (WALKING IN THE WOODS, BIKING OR DRIVING CROSS COUNTRY) IS IT BETTET TO SPEND THE MONEY FOR PROGRESSIVES OR REGUALR DISTANCE LENSES.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: I would recommend one of each sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. As you must be aware progressive lenses have their advantages and disadvantages, but progressive lenses may really be helpful for distant viewing. In my opinion, if you have a pair of progressive lenses then you should invest in regular distant lenses as well. The reason why I advise at least one of each, is because individuals who use progressive lenses often complain of not being comfortable all the time, although they do find progressive lenses helpful at most times. I have personally recommended normal lenses to a few of these individuals, who have now learnt to use each lens for a particular activity and have been most comfortable. I hope I have explained this in a manner best understood by you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. If you would like a more elaborate response on the details, I would be more than happy to oblige. Best wishes.