Ask a Dentist   »  

Is it an allergic reaction if I have fluid filled blisters in my gums?

Last night I had small, clear fluid filled blisters on upper gums above back molars where cheek and gums XXXXXXX on both sides of mouth. They started on one side and developed on both sides within about 4 hours. They were gone this morning but cheeks where they were, were a little red and I woke up with a sore, red throat. After lunch today, my entire mouth including roof of mouth and back of tongue became tingly and felt swollen and then became blotchy white and red. I ve starting drinking liquid chlorophyl recently. Could this be an allergic reaction?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 34 minutes later

A few more details will help me to understand your condition better.
- Since when you have started chlorophyll?
- Did you had itching or scratching sensation in throat?
- Do you notice any skin lesions?
- Is there a lip swelling?
- Did you had any other hot food /drink at night?

What you are experiencing is probably due to allergic reaction. Watch out for few symptoms such as itching, the development of a rash, swelling on face, hands or neck, tingling sensation in the mouth, tightening of the throat and trouble breathing.

I suggest you to discontinue Chlorophyll for a while.

You can take some antihistaminics such as benadryl for a day or two.

Oral application of xylocaine viscous jelly may be helpful also.

If symptoms persist or aggravate better visit your physician at earliest.

Hope this helps. Should you have more concerns as you reply to me, I will be happy to address them as well.