Is it advisable to take unwanted 72 twice a day?

Mar 2013
I am on the 10th day of my cycle. Because of unprotected sex I had taken unwanted 72 this morning at about 8.30AM but once again I had another round of unprotected sex at 3PM . What should I do should I take another Unwanted 72 pill or the previous one will take care of the second round of unprotected sex? please answer.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: ONE PILL WILL SUFFICE. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. The emergency contraceptive pill should be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex. There is no point in repeating a dosage so soon. The previous one would cover the second episode too. Multiple such pills when taken, mess up with your cycles, and the efficacy gets reduced. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Is it advisable to take unwanted 72 twice a day? 12 hours later
Thanks Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: You are most welcome. Please feel free to contact me anytime directly at - WWW.WWWW.WW