Is it advisable to take Norvasc and Avapro HCT with Digesic ?

I currently take Norvasc and Avapro HCT for my high blood pressure however I have an ongoing pain in my hip that panadol does not relieve. A friend gave me some Digesic to try however I want to know if it will interfere with my other medication.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: Is it advisable to take Norvasc and Avapro HCT with Digesic ? 7 minutes later
can i have an answer to my first question please.
Answered by Dr. Sheetal 39 minutes later

Avapro HCT contains a combination of two medicines (irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide). It is not advisable to take anti-inflammatory medicines such as Di-gesic with Avapro HCT as these drugs may reduce the anti-hypertensive effects of Avapro HCT and there is a potential risk of kidney damage.

If you need to take pain killers for your hip pain, do consult your treating physician. He may want to monitor your blood pressure more often to determine if the desired effect of Avapro HCT is obtained.

There is no documentation of interaction between Norvasc and Di-gesic.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.