Is it advisable to keep childern seperated to avoid transmitting virus during fever?

sick baby 2y8mo 38.9 fever...should we keep our baby 8mo separated from our toddler? Or being in same house cold will be passed on anyways? it seems like beween
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: you don't really need to. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. From the information you have provided, there is really no justification to do so. I am pretty confident that the child has already been exposed. Though separating them may have some benefits, it is not going to be of any significant value compared to the efforts required. Also, this virus is mainly transmitted through airborne particles that you cannot really control where they go to. The best way to control such infections is by getting the affected to put on a mask and this is practically impossible given their young ages. Also, try using Tylenol and soaked dresses to help reduce the baby's temperature because it can lead to convulsions and dehydration if nothing is done. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to request for more information if needed. Dr. Ditah, MD.