Ask a Dentist   »  

Is it advisable to have multiple teeth removal in one sitting?

I am male aged 56 and underwent angio about 8 months back. Two drug eluting stents were put in the LAD; however, the RCA with 100% block was not touched as it was too thin and was hanging, as seen in the CD given to me. The cardiologist, advised that there is nothing to worry as LAD has been saved. I am on nitriocontin 2.6; flavedon MR35; clopiliet A 150 and Aztor EZ 20; all one each. In the early morning I take one selecon Xl25 for BP. I experience no cardio problem as such. Now I have to tend to my teeth, which are pretty bad and requires complete removal. Is it advisable to go ahead with multiple removals in one sitting and how long the whole process will take, including dnetures.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Dental removal is done under a local anaesthesia usually. The duration of anaesthesia is not so long so that complete removal can be done in one sitting.

Your dentist is the best person to assess according to the severity of affection of teeth how much he wants to remove in one sitting. Since presently your cardiac status is stable, you can go ahead with the procedure in two or three sittings. But please let your cardiologist know about this procedure, so that if required he might provide you with some advise like prophylactic antibiotics.

You can discuss it with your dentist to do it under a local nerve block.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.