Is it acceptable not to do physical examination for migraine condition?

Excellent

Question
I took my daughter to the GP as she suffered a severe migraine overnight. The dr didn't do any physical examination. Is this acceptable practise?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is unethical Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry that the doctor did not perform a physical examination of your daughter. It is not an acceptable practice; it is rather medically unethical. It must have been done, ideally. Regards,

Follow-up: Is it acceptable not to do physical examination for migraine condition? 7 minutes later
Thanks, this is what I thought, being a registered nurse, I was quite horrified and upset. He even charged me for a double appointment as his previous pt cancelled. I could go on about many other aspects of this consultation, including the fact he used a 2007 mims and printed out an incorrect script which I had to point out to him.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: sad to hear this Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry about the entire issue. I understand how upset you are right now. I am helpless here. Let me know if there is anything that i can help you with. Take care!

Follow-up: Is it acceptable not to do physical examination for migraine condition? 12 minutes later
Thanks for your affirming advice. I will follow up with a complaints process.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: my pleasure Detailed Answer: I am glad to be of assistance to you. Wish you good health!