Is it OK to take white pills only even if amoxicillin is taken ?

im on loestrin24, i took amoxicillin in my last brown pill then in my first white pill (2 amox in a row) so i went to walgreens and ask the pharmacist if i need plan b pill since im sexually active (im married), she said no, i just have to contiune taking my white pills regularly, is she right?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 43 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

The brown pills in the Loestrin are iron or inactive pills but along with the active pill if you are using Amoxixillin it is recommended to use additional protection as it is a Pencillin group of antibiotic and does interact with contraceptive effect.

If you have not used back up method it is better to take Plan B to avoid any pregnancy chance.

Also while you are taking the antibiotic course consider using back up method of protection as condom during the entire antibiotic use.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.