Is it OK to have sudden appearance of brown and black spots all over the body ?

Hi-thanks for your help. I have noticed many brown and black spots suddenly appear all over my body. There are not many but they are apread out. Some are only dots, others bigger.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The brown and black spots that appear on your body if they are uniformly spread out and gradually disappear after some time then they are more likely to be caused by allergy from some food or fabric or environment.

To get rid of this problem, whenever the spots start appearing take an anti-allergic tablet along with an oral steroid and try to find out thing which is always associated with such episodes and try your level best to avoid it.

If the spots that you have mentioned are constant and do not change in intensity then these might be some pigmentation spots and any kind of ointments or tablets are not likely to help you. Best is to for laser removal.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.