Is irritation of foreskin and frequent urination symptom of prostrate problem?

Jul 2016

I am concerned that I might have a prostate problem developing. I have to wash my penis sometimes 2-3 times a day in warm water to stop an overall sensation of irritation of my foreskin. I am not circumcised. It seems that the foreskin is closing up and stopping me from urinating cleanly. I have read up a little on the internet and have observed some common sense procedures. I am currently residing in Ghana and do not have the ease of access to medical care that I have been used to in the UK as a British subject. I was last receiving medical attention for my appendix removal about 1982/3. I have not been in attendance with any Dr's since other than for jabs for yellow fever and a bad cut. I do not take any medication, am not allergic to any medicines such as penicillin. In my early years and into the teens I had a regular dosage for recurring ear infections. I am in essence reasonably healthy. What I am experiencing is most embarrassing with having to constantly go to the toilet and wait for something to happen. I find it more convenient to sit when in the toilet to allow the urine to release itself and in turn generally find that makes me want to pass a stool first before the flow will begin. Your comment would be very welcome.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It could be due to Diabetes with Enlarged Prostate Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have irritation of foreskin ,urge to pass urine and increased frequency of urination . This could be most likely to be due to Diabetes associated with benign enlargement of Prostate which is very common at this age. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Urine Routine and Urine culture . 2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen . 3) Blood sugar tests on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to rule out Diabetes. Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis. In the mean while start taking Tomsulocin once daily to improve urine flow and Ciprofloxacin to prevent urinary infection . Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.