Is inhaling nicotine smell a form of passive smoking?

hello I have never been smoking; and I always try to avoid smokers; so I don't inhale ; and take care of my lungs. But Sometimes you just can't avoid smoke smell; , and then my question is; when I smoker smoke close to and open door: and I feel a bit of the smell 15 meters longer inside the house:: ,, is this passive smoking; that I need to worry about; or is this just smell from nicotine ? I have attach some photos of the situation. on the pictures the door is closed; but it's always open when they smoke.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Ask administration to make smoke free zone Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Passive smoking or environmental tobacco smoke is unintentional inhalation of smoke by a non smoker, due to smoking habits of colleagues. Naturally the concentration of smoke increases with closeness of the area, available cross ventilation and frequency of smoking habits in term of people and amount of cigarette smoked. If you smell a cigarette smoke means that some amount has diffused through the air to your nose. More over if inadequate cross ventilation is there, the risk increases. If they can smoke close to the door, then why not outside.... If possible request them politely or ask the administration to make it a smoke free zone. Best wishes