Is inflammation in body caused due to hypothyroidism?

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
Hello, I am hypothyroid, I also have some general issues with inflamation in my body (IBS episodes, endometriosis, circulation issues, food sensitivities), I eas wondering if these could all be linked back to my thyroid or perhaps something else? Thank you!
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: No links... Detailed Answer: There is no specific link between the general inflammatory condition (or condition like IBS, endometriosis and circulation issues or with food sensitivity) and hypothyroidism. Though at times hyperthyroid can lead to symptoms like Irritable bowel syndrome. Mostly hypothyroidism is of autoimmune disorder (like hypothyroidism due to Hashimato's thyroidities) and any coexisting autoimimmune disorder like Diabetes, Chronic rheumatoid arthritis may coexist with condition of hypothyroidism if that is due to Hashimato's thyroid disorder. With best wishes from Dr Chowhan