Is infection of the local cavity/gum a serious issue and what should be done?

I had a tooth removed 3 days ago, I haven't had any issues until today. The stitches are falling out and the gum that was stitched up is hanging loose. I have a horrible taste in my mouth and I am nauseous and vomiting. I also have a mild fever. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi.This is due to local infection Detailed Answer: Hi.Welcome and thanks for writing on XXXXXXX According to me falling of stitches, gum hanging loose, distortion of taste and fever is suggestive of infection of the local area(cavity/gum) where the teeth was removed. I strongly feel that you need a follow up consultation with your dentist as early as possible. Donot panic and your will be absolutely fine. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.