Is in ending stage of liver disease. Has stopped taking medicine and drinking Ensure. What to do?

I have a friend who is in ending stage of liver disease, he has stopped drinking his Ensure, Boost, and taking his medicines. He doesn't want to leave his home but I think he would get better care in a hospice. Who can I contact for advice? Thank you and best regards.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your local gp/community nurse.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

I think you are right in assuming that a terminally ill person needs much better care than a typical home can provide.

With the availability of the nurses round the clock, your friend can be managed better in a palliative care centre.

Please consult your local general practitioner /community nurse to arrange that.