Is impregnation possible after vasectomy?

May 2013
I recently had a vasectomy & my microscopy shows Motile sperm 0 / 50 HPF Non Motile " 127 " Can I fertilise or get my wife pregnant ?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Repeat seminal analysis 3 months after surgery Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. After vasectomy it may take around 3 months to get nil spermatozoa in seminal analysis. In vasectomy only the passage of spermatozoa is occluded and usually the production will continue. Spermatozoa produced before vasectomy can be present in the pathway in front of surgical site. So, usage of contraceptive measures for 3 months after vasectomy is recommended to avoid pregnancy. After 3 months of surgery go for repeat seminal analysis to confirm the success of vasectomy. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Is impregnation possible after vasectomy? 14 minutes later
Thank you Dr Gouri, yes will use condoms & have another test later. But for now just to clarify my understanding, appreciate your confirming my thoughts i.e.- Motile Sperm has more chance of successful pregnancy than Non Motile sperm - correct?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes. Motile spermatozoa are important for fertility. But seminal parameters can depend on many factors like days of abstinence, time between collection of sample and reading the results etc. So, better to follow contraceptive measures. Take care.