Is impregnation possible after vasectomy?
User rating for this question
I recently had a vasectomy & my microscopy shows Motile sperm 0 / 50 HPF Non Motile " 127 " Can I fertilise or get my wife pregnant ?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Repeat seminal analysis 3 months after surgery Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. After vasectomy it may take around 3 months to get nil spermatozoa in seminal analysis. In vasectomy only the passage of spermatozoa is occluded and usually the production will continue. Spermatozoa produced before vasectomy can be present in the pathway in front of surgical site. So, usage of contraceptive measures for 3 months after vasectomy is recommended to avoid pregnancy. After 3 months of surgery go for repeat seminal analysis to confirm the success of vasectomy. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Is impregnation possible after vasectomy? 14 minutes later
Thank you Dr Gouri, yes will use condoms & have another test later. But for now just to clarify my understanding, appreciate your confirming my thoughts i.e.- Motile Sperm has more chance of successful pregnancy than Non Motile sperm - correct?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 minutes later
People also viewed
- What is this follicle study tvs
- Energy drinks and palpitations
- Swallow after vasectomy
- Why hcg injection follicular rupture
- How harmful is follicular study
- Drinking kerosene effects women healt
- Epilepsy and drink water
- Is impregnation possible after vasectomy
- Is nuts good for follicular growth
- Pepto and energy drink
- Is it possible to be pregnant after a vasectomy
- Fullform of msf in follicular study
- Klonopin and monster energy drink
- Is it possible to conceive after vasectomy
- Possibility of pregnancy after vasectomy