Is high fatigue,low grade fever,headache,body ache symptoms of positive HIV and how early can it be detected?

hi i recently had an sexual exposure (unprotected sex with a female whom i met for the first time whose hiv status is unknown ) 25 days after the exposure i have this prolonged unknown high fatigue , low grade fever, headache , body aches , malaise and my symptoms are getting worse day by day ... at 35 days post exposure i tested ELISA and it was negative... mean time i consulted my doc for diagnosis were i was asked to take a blood test for platelet count , wbc count and a dengue fever check because of the fatigue out of which all came out to be normal .... since my condition din improve i was asked to check for Typhoid fever the results were 1:40 , 1:80 although not significant enough my doc felt i might have a mild typhoid and prescribed me some medication .. even after the completion of the antibiotic course i XXXXXXX feel any good .. i still have the same symptoms .. some days in-between i did have diarrhea and a severe pain in the abdomen for a day ... the severe malaise and fatigue and frequent fatigue have not gone at all ... im going sleepless because of this.. now ive started to see some neck pain and stiffness which makes me worry a lot my tounge has these white patches every now and then ... im very worried about these symptoms which relate to HIV .... P.S.. this was the first sexual encounter ever i had... i have had tests for typhoid , jaundice , dengue ,malaria , platelet counts , WBC count everything is normal recently i tested at 7 weeks tridot test at a government hospital and got negative How good is a 7 week test ? im very worried about this getting night mares every day . is this an ARS symptoms ?? should i get tested again ? its been around 1 month that im sick the unkown fatigue still continues with hot flashes now and then , stiff neck and pain in neck , body pain also i have developed red swelling on my penis very confused ... do i need any other tests ... pls help also my ESR levels are quite elevated from the first CBC on Nov 6 wihch was (4%) was (16%) wen i tested for malaria on 26th Nov
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: No action required Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query with diligence and understood your concerns. Since the serial testing for HIV be it ELISA or Tridot were turned negative. I would not push for HIV testing now. I would wait till the 3rd month and ask you get one more ELISA. By then most of the antibodies would be formed if there is any HIV particle detected. The ELISA is much more accurate at 3 months. Till then have a positive outlook, take multivitamin supplements and forget the sexual exposure incident and carry on with your life. ESR is not elevated at 4% and 16%. It is expected in such a stressful state. Similarly the stiffness in the neck which can be labelled as HIV paranoia.
Follow-up: Is high fatigue,low grade fever,headache,body ache symptoms of positive HIV and how early can it be detected? 2 hours later
Thanks for the reply ... after a 7 week negative how much is it possible that I may show positive after 3 months?? I also have these loose stools from past 1 n a half month ... all symptoms are showing up one after the other like first fatigue then headache then excessive swetting then mild fever then diarrhea then lymph nodes one after the other ...... Is this Wat usually happens wit acute hiv??
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symtoms are similar to HIV infection Detailed Answer: Hi Though the symptoms are similar to HIV infection it generally occurs from 2 weeks to 4 weeks post exposure. Since you had passed that period I am not expecting it to be ARV with negative results. There is a chance of seroconversion from 7 weeks to 3 months though it is minute. Some antibodies can come up and detectable within this period. Same time this helps to take off your acute anxiety.
Follow-up: Is high fatigue,low grade fever,headache,body ache symptoms of positive HIV and how early can it be detected? 3 hours later
Dear doctor due to the stress and anxiety I did test again today after (9.5 weeks)with rapid elisa test and it was negative . Is there a XXXXXXX of relief?? One last question should be tested for hepatitis?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes a sign of relief Detailed Answer: Hi, The STD profile includes hepatitis B and C as well. So you may get them done as well. That is even more relieving.