Is hepatitis c contagious disease?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
hi my ex husband just got dianosed with hep c ,can i have it also or our children
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 39 minutes later
The answer is simple, yes, you can have it if your husband had hep C at time when you have been together. The risk of sexual transmission is very low but it can be transmissed by sharing personal items or intravenously. So ask your ex husbdand how and when did he find it.

Now, if you have been infected at time of your pregnancy then there is 10% risk that your child have it to.
These are small chances, but the best way to find it out is to do lab an viral tests of you and children and everything should be clear. I hope that, and probably nothing will be found, but if i am wrong then it is better to know it and start with right treatment as soon as possible.Wish you good health.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help