Is hepatitis D a contagious disease?

I have a 40 days old baby girl and we are planning to visting my parents home. Both my parents have hepatitis D.

Till now my baby got 2 doses of hepatitis b vaccine, one on 2nd day after the birth and the other one on 40th day. Is it safe for my baby to travel with us to my parents home. Is there a chance of her getting infected?

Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 30 minutes later

Hepatitis D is transmitted like Hepatitis B through the same routes and can propagate only in the presence of Hepatitis B. As your daughter has received two doses of Hepatitis B vaccine she is well protected. It is safe for her to travel with you to your parents' home.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarification if you may require.

Wishing you a happy journey....