Is hematoma caused due to lovenox?

I am on lovenox shots for pulmonary embolisms. My initial prescription was for 100 mg once a day. At a subsequent appointment i was told that that was not therapeutic and my dose was changed to 70mg twice a day. Since the change in dose i have been experiencing hematomas, some quite large, on my legs hips and thighs and quite painful, even though i administer the shot to my stomach ( where i also, albeit understandably, get hematomas). Is this a normal reaction to lovenox? My weight is 146 pounds. Thanks
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 11 hours later
Brief Answer: This may be due to lovenox Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. This is probably a bleeding tendency due to lovenox (especially after the increase in dosage). It is true that now you are on actual therapeutic doses as per your body weight, but with this painful hematomas you may want to discuss with your doc regarding reducing the dose again. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.