Is height increase with less facial hair any syndrome ?

hello sir,
my age is 24, height is 6 feet 3 inch , weight 80 kg , a male.
my matter of concern is that my mustache is very less , almost negligible, and has beard very less that so at only at chin.also my height is continuously increasing. Is it a syndrome ,if so what should i do.
i don't suffer from any kind of disease or don't have any history.
Waiting for your response.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Genetics
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 20 minutes later

Development of moustache and the beard are genetically predetermined. In case you inquire about the onset of a proper beard in your father, he might have also have had a late onset.

Please note if you have the following :

1. Proper development of the pubic and axillary hair.
2. size of the erect penis > 3.5 inches (at least)
3. Testicular size ( length) > 1 inch (at least)
4. Ejaculation of semen when you masturbate.

In case you have all of the above findings, then You are completely normal. The things that you are worried about are probably of very benign and normal variants which is very common in many individuals.

About 30-40% of adults who have normal puberty at around 15-16 years, have late development of beard that is very thick and fast growing. This development could take up to age of 27 - 30 years.

You just need to relax and do not need to worry about it.

About the height, you are one of the luckiest guys, who is still increasing in height. There will be many guys, who would envy your ability to grow in height.

Your growth in height will stop entirely by the age of 25 years. This is the age when the bone ends fuse and growth stops.

Since you are still 24 years, just relax. There is no need to worry about any syndrome or any disease. You also need not think that you are a lesser man, than your peers who might have a fully grown beard.

I hope this helps to relax your mind.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Follow-up: Is height increase with less facial hair any syndrome ? 2 days later
     Am i suffering from Klinefelter's syndrome .
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 9 hours later

To answer, your specific question, I would need more information and a clinical examination findings.

Your history provided indicates that you are a 24 year old completely normal individual.

In addition it seems that you probably do have all the normal secondary sexual characteristics, that I have mentioned in the 3rd paragraph of my initial answer.

In case, you do have all of them, it is less likely that you have klinefelters syndrome.

For your information, I shall provide you information regarding to Klinefelters syndrome.

This disorder is due to the presence of an additional X chromosome in the Genotype. Normal genetic pattern of a male is 46 XY, In Klinefelter's this pattern is 47 XXY).
The fully grown individuals with this condition will be having the following :-
1. disproportionately long legs and arms.
2. a female escutcheon ( Female pattern of Pubic hair )
3. Gynecomastia ( Enlarged Breasts).
4. ‎small Testes - associated with Infertility (due to azoospermia)
5. Small penis ( Size less than 2 inches - when erect)
6. Undescended testes (CRYPTORCHIDISM)
5. Mental ‎retardation (Variable degree) and Learning problems.
6. On lab testing : - Serum testosterone is low
7. Genetic testing : would reveal a 47 XXY pattern.

There is no relation to late production of beard and moustache in a normal individual to Klinefelters syndrome. There is no need to worry about such syndromes.

I Hope the answers provided here are effective to clear your doubts.

Follow-up: Is height increase with less facial hair any syndrome ? 3 hours later
The physical symptoms u mentioned, i feel i dont suffer from that, but i have a doubt that what is Female pattern of Pubic hair .
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 11 hours later

The pattern of pubic hair (called escutcheon) is different in both males and females.

The normal female escutcheon is a triangle pointing downward, sharply cut off at the level of the pubic symphysis.

The male escutcheon is diamond-shaped with both downward and upward angles.

You can see the illustration of the description given above , at the webpage mentioned below.

Since you do not have any of the signs and issues mentioned before you are completely normal and there is no need to worry about you having an abnormal medical condition (including Klinefelters syndrome).

I hope this helps to clear all your doubts and your anxiety.