Is heavy bleeding after first time sex normal?

hi, i bled heavily after sex and it was my first time and it was unusual because there were like heavy clumps of blood coming out when i got into the shower, like it literally looked and felt soft and weird and I've been spotting since then, today would be the4th day i was wondering if thats normal
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Bleeding after having sex for first time is normal Detailed Answer: Hi, Bleeding after having sex for the first time is normal. The intensity of bleeding depends on: - how prepared you were for the penetration (your arousal was in time with that of your partner; if not, then the bleeding is high in intensity) - the intensity of the intercourse (the harder the sex you had, the higher the intensity of bleeding) If the bleeding will not be gone in a couple of days, I'd suggest to consult an OG specialist to exclude/treat local trauma. All the best! Enjoy life! Dr.Alba