Is heaviness in testicles and frequent urination caused due to bulky prostate?

Hi Dr, i am 32 year male. I got a pain in left side of abdomen in mid of Nov last year, Doc advice for ultrasound and reports was normal and paint went in 1 week or so. Then from Mid of Dec i started again getting pain on left abdomen with burning sensation and frequent urination. Doctor told it's UTI and given antibiotics for 5 days. i don't have any improvement in my condition so he asked for urine analysis and CBC count , blood sugar and serum creatinine. All reports were fine, he gave some more antibiotics for 7 days. Still there was no sign of improvement, he asked me for ultrasound and i got bulky prostate as finding. i shown same to urologist and he did message and get the prostate fluid and send the urine for urine analysis, microscopy and culture. All reports came fine. He told everything is fine and take Tab flotral for 10 days only. Now since last 1 days am feeling heaviness on my left testicles. Is it normal because of bulky prostate ? is everything is fine or something serious knocking the door ? Regards, XXXX
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 29 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be because of prostate... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX First I apologize for the late response. I see you posted this to an urologist, unfortunately the specialists seem busy and haven't answered yet. I would like to take this opportunity to answer on their behalf. You have reported an ongoing - abdominal pain that has spread to the testicles. You been treated with antibiotic and urine reports as well as prostate fluid analysis was sterile (not infective). Though this is a good sign, I am worried that prior use of antibiotic masked an underlying infection. In this context, treating you with symptomatic drugs for short period and retesting if symptoms persist is a good thought by your doctor. Please continue flotral as instructed. With this basic information, let me answer your individual questions: 1. Cause of left testicle pain. Pain arising from the prostate can be referred to testicle due to same nerve innervation. Bulky prostate that stretches nerve fibres can cause pain that gets referred to the prostate. If the pain is severe, I would start you on pain killers such as paracetamol + ibuprofen combination along with flotral. I would also perform testicular examination to rule out epididymorchitis. You can contact your local treating doctor for the same. 2. Is it serious? I am slightly concerned with the ongoing problem, but I feel your treating doctor should be able to manage it well. Follow up with your doctor as instructed if the pain is hurting you. In the interim drink plenty of water. Maintain good personal hygeine and avoid unprotected sexual intercourse. I hope I have answered your questions to your satisfaction. Please indicate if I should send back this question to the urologist. Best Regards
Follow-up: Is heaviness in testicles and frequent urination caused due to bulky prostate? 42 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. It's not severe pain like it's not impacting my sleep or work ..... i just feel irriatted and feel like it's touching something or pressed which is not there on my right side. I don;t know what but my doctor already checked some test by holding testicles and ask to cough and all after seeing my ultrasound ... it this discomfort feeling is normal and will eventually settle down ? Because my doctor told me to take this flotral only for 10 days.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consider repeat tests if symptoms persist... Detailed Answer: As I said earlier, the normal blood, prostate as well as urine report earlier may be due to prior use of antibiotic. Therefore if symptoms persist beyond 2 weeks, you could consider repeating the test through an urologist. The doctor will reexamine your prostate, repeat the urine and prostate fluid test and the ultrasound to plan the next steps of treatment. Flotral helps in relaxing prostate and ease the strain on genitourinary tract. If the symptoms persist to trouble you beyond 2 weeks, re-evaluation done systematically can be helpful. As of now, I am glad you visited the doctor and it looks like epididymorchitis, varicocele and hernia problems are unlikely. Follow up with the specialist. Regards